Engineering solutions that enable gamers to take control and build their way to play
Job Summary: ByoWave is in need of an embedded electronics engineer to design the hardware and firmware for our gaming controller ‘The Proteus Controller’. Join our team to work on cutting-edge solutions in assistive technology world.
- Design and testing of our custom PCBs
- Circuitry design for new modules and iterations of current boards
- Review and approval of PCB layouts – ensure PCB layout is optimized for High Speed Signals and EMC performance.
- Circuit design simulations
- Research of new technologies and design trade-offs
- Hardware DFMEA & DFM&T hardware activities
- Embedded software programming of microcontroller
- BOM management
- Identifying and qualifying suppliers of raw materials, components, and assemblies
- The validation and debugging of new products as part of the release cycle to marketplace
- Collaboration with Mechanical team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience designing with CAD and simulation tools
- Experience in development of Printed Circuit Boards from concept to mass production
- Proficient programming in C and C++, Batch
- Communication protocols: Bluetooth, BLE, I2C, SPI, USB, UART, Ethernet & WiFi.
- DFT/DFM requirements for PCB
- Experience with Microcontroller, SoC and DDR/SDRAM Schematic design preferred
- Experience using electronics test and measurement equipment
- Familiar with Altium Designer
- Problem solving reasoning from first principals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Good attitude to tough situations and high-stress start-up environment
Technical Skills: Trouble-shooting electronic module failures, Documentation writing, Familiar with STM32, Low voltage circuit design, digital and analogue systems.
Soft Skills: Collaboration with different teams, Inquisitive and adaptable, Initiative, execute at a high standard, team-player, organisational skills.
Bonus Skills: Understanding of Assistive technology, Avid Gamer!
Location: Galway, Ireland
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org